1. Put a jobs plan in motion to help put rural Tennesseans back to work.
2. A plan for Education that invests in Teachers and allows them to do what they do best, teach.
3. A plan that helps the financially disadvantaged elderly with sales tax on food and property tax.
4. A plan to better equip rural fire departments.
5. Work to create parity in pay for men and women.
Married (Cathy Scott Moore) 39 years. Children: Casey (Branden) & Courtney (Lee). Grandchildren: Callee (4), Chloe (4), Ellee (2), Emma (2), To be born in Feb.: Annalee. Hometown: West Point, Tennessee. Born and raised in southern rural Lawrence County.
West Point Elementary
Loretto High School (1969)
Martin Methodist College (1971) A.A. Degree in Business Adm.
Middle Tennessee State Representative (1973) B.S. Degree
Teacher & Coach (1973-80)
Small Business (1980-present)
No Military Service.
Former Lions Club
Former Law. Co. Chamber of Commerce
Former Lewis Co. Chamber of Commerce
Served as Tennessee State Representative from 1986-94
Ran for U. S. Congress 1994
Member West Point Baptist Church
Legislator of the year: 1988, 1990, and 1994.
Built 36 miles of four-lane hwy through Lawrence County.
Sponsored "Basic Education Plan" (BEP) Which brought millions of new education dollars to rural counties.
Sponsored "The Parental Consent & Notification Act" which limited teenage abortion in Tennessee.